Contemporary dance is characterised by variation in body alignment, range of use in the spine, and floor work. Dynamic contrast, eclectic accompaniment and diverse themes make performances unpredictable and energised.
At the Northamptonshire School of Dance, our Contemporary classes are influenced by Release Technique, pioneering practitioners (in particular Martha Graham, Merce Cunningham), and principles from Yoga and Pilates.
Learn more about Lucy Thynne who teaches contemporary as well as the other teachers by visiting our biographies page.
The benefits of contemporary include:
- muscular strength
- flexibility and range of motion
- coordination and balance
- enhanced choreographic & audition skills
- good listening and discipline
- appreciation of varied types of music
- social skills and improved confidence
- having fun with friends!
Contemporary is taught by Miss Lucy Thynne
Fees are payable in advance of each term – please contact email@example.com for more information.
Please see the schedule below.
The Woodyard, Naseby – NN6 6DD
Our academic year is 33 weeks over 3 terms.
Autumn Term 2020: Sep – 24 Oct – 1, 8, 15, 22 Nov – 5, 12, 19, 26 Dec – 3, 10
Spring Term 2021: Jan – 7, 14, 21, 28 Feb – 4, 11, 25 Mar – 4, 11, 18, 25
Summer Term 2021: April – 15, 22, 29 May – 6, 13, 20, 27 Jun – 10, 17, 24 Jul – 1, 8
|Level 2||7.45pm -8.35pm|
- Hair in low slung ponytail
- Black leggings
- NSD Leotard, t-shirt and optional hoodie
- NSD tracksuit bottoms
- NSD t-shirt
The correct uniform must be worn for all lessons, as we find this helps students get into the right mindset for the class.
All uniform items, including hair accessories (nets, pins, grips), tights/socks, leotards and warm ups (crossovers, leg warmers) can be ordered by emailing your requests to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NSD Uniform Extras
- Short sleeved t-shirt – Royal Blue | child and adult sizes
- Male Dance Trousers – Black | child and adult sizes
- Female Dance Leggings – Black | child and adult sizes
- Hoodies – Royal Blue | child and adult sizes
- Tote bag – Royal Blue or Pink
- Holdall bags and rucksacks – Royal Blue or Pink
- Tights and socks
- Hair nets, grips and pins
- Ribbon sticks