At the Northamptonshire School of Dance our ballet classes follow the Royal Academy of Dance (RAD) syllabus from Beginners Ballet, to Pre-Primary and Primary, to Grades 1 to 8 and the Vocationals.
Exams and Class Awards are offered three times per year and although these are optional at our school, they are wholeheartedly encouraged, as children thrive on the sense of achievement that taking part and success can bring.
Pupils also have the unique and enriching opportunity to dance in our exciting shows which are held at The Derngate in Northampton. View our gallery, which includes photos from of our latest production of The Nutcracker.
Learn more about the school’s principal, Natalie Carter, who was formerly a professional ballet dancer, and our other teachers on the team by reading our biographies page.
We are accredited by the Royal Academy of Dance.
The benefits of ballet include:
- strength, stamina, control and endurance
- flexibility and range of motion
- musicality and appreciation of different music genres
- coordination and balance
- good listening, co-operation and self-discipline
enhanced imagination and creativity
- social skills and improved confidence
- UCAS points for university applications earned through RAD exams
- having fun with friends!
Where could dance take you? Be inspired by this video from Royal Academy of Dance
We organise visits from dance companies and former professionals in order to broaden our pupils’ dance experiences. Past workshops have included:
- Vienna Festival Ballet Company
- Richard Alston Dance Company
- Former dancer with Hong Kong Ballet & vocational teacher from Bird College, London
- Former dancer with the Birmingham Royal Ballet
Pupil’s successes include:
- Junior Associates of the Royal Ballet School, Associates and Classical Ballet Academy at Tring Park School for the Performing Arts, Elmhurst Associates and Graham Fletcher Associates
- Full time vocational training at Tring Park School for the Performing Arts and Central School of Ballet
- National Youth Ballet of Great Britain
- English Youth Ballet
- Midland Theatre Ballet
- Milton Keynes Dance Theatre
RAD Ballet is taught by Miss Natalie and Miss Hayley
Fees are payable in advance of each term – please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Please choose one of the options below to view the timetable.
We are on hand to provide the correct uniform required for ballet as the correct attire must be worn for every class.
We expect all girls’ hair to be very neat in a bun or pinned plaits.
We recommend that dance shoes are ordered through Northamptonshire School of Dance to ensure quality and teachers will check fittings. Pointe shoes should be professionally fitted, please contact us for recommendations.