Northamptonshire School of Dance offers lessons in Ballet, Contemporary, Tap, Street and Musical Theatre.
We welcome girls and boys from the age of 2.5 in our beginner’s ballet and street classes and children in their pre-school year to tap dancing. Contemporary dance classes are available from approximately 7 years of age. We offer adult ballet lessons for those of any ability – the beginner to the experienced. One to one Ballet lessons are also available on request.
Outside of our weekly dance class schedule we also encourage and promote further enjoyment of dance through:
- Production of exciting shows with original choreography – Invitation to the Dance (2012), Celebration of Dance (2014), The Nutcracker (2018)
- Organised theatre and show trips at reduced group rates
- Special Dance Days with guest professional ballet, contemporary and singing teachers
- Invitational classes from top London Dance College teaching professionals and ballet companies
- Promotion and attendance of courses, workshops and classes at the RAD’s centres in Birmingham and Cambridge
WHAT, WHEN AND WHERE?
Our dance classes are held in our beautiful studios in Naseby where we have fully sprung and Harlequin Cascade floors, Harlequin barres and full length and width mirrors. There is also plenty of free, off-street parking and a comfortable reception room with refreshments always available.
The address is:
Northamptonshire School of Dance, The Woodyard, High Street, Naseby, NN6 6DD
We also teach at Pitsford School, Spratton Hall School and Maidwell Hall.
As well as undertaking lessons and exams, we believe it’s important for children to experience being part of a full length dance production, whether they come to our classes just for fun or are an aspiring professional dancer.
In 2018, 260 of our students (and approximately 1000 costumes!) took part in two performances of The Nutcracker at The Derngate in Northampton. In addition to the classical ballet one might expect to see, teachers worked hard to choreograph numbers to incorporate all of the school’s dance disciplines. A memorable highlight was the heavenly singing from The All Saints Church Choir of Northampton during the Waltz of the Snowflakes, as snow fell magically onto the stage and assembled cast. You can find a gallery of images here.
Should you wish, your child can be entered for the Royal Academy of Dance (RAD) ballet and International Dance Teachers Association (IDTA) tap examinations.
Although taking exams is not compulsory in our school, children are encouraged to do so as they enjoy the sense of achievement and pride that success can bring.
FURTHER TRAINING AND PERFORMING OUTSIDE OF NSD
Our pupils have enjoyed wonderful successes over many years with the following associate schemes and youth companies. We encourage, manage and prepare pupils for auditions for:
- Junior Associates at the Royal Ballet School
- Associates and Classical Ballet Academy at Tring Park for the Performing Arts
- Midland Theatre Ballet
- Milton Keynes Dance Theatre
- National Youth Ballet of Great Britain