Northamptonshire School of Dance takes seriously their responsibility to ensure the safety of their students. All students must complete an Enrolment Form when joining the school with clear information regarding emergency contacts and any relevant medical history. A copy of emergency contact numbers will be kept on file as a hard copy and within our software.
- It is the parent’s/ carer’s responsibility to notify the school of any changes to their emergency contact details
- In case of a fire emergency all teachers have a clear understanding of responsibilities. They must be understood by all following the procedures of the relevant centre.
- Northamptonshire School of Dance will undertake regular assessment of risks regarding premises hired and any concerns will be raised with the providers
- We are committed to ensuring all employees / volunteers are competent to do their tasks and to give them adequate training
- It is Northamptonshire School of Dances responsibility to keep a fully equipped First Aid Box at all hired premises. In case of an incident – an Accident / Incident report must be filled in.
- If required Northamptonshire School of Dance will contact the emergency services first, then the parent / carer of the student(s) involved by the telephone number on file.
- Parents understand that dance is as active as engagement as any sport, and whilst every effort is made to avoid them, injuries can happen. Northamptonshire School of Dance accepts no responsibility for injuries sustained via any means other than a teacher’s negligence.
- Students will be supervised during class time only and parents / carers must ensure the safety of their children in the waiting, changing and toilet areas
- Students/parents or carers should inform the teacher of any special health considerations or existing injuries before participating in class
- Parents must be responsible for ensuring your child’s punctuality. Teachers are not available to supervise late pickups. Students may be refused entry if they are continuously late for class as they are missing out on warming up safely for class
- Dress code must be observed at all times, especially footwear for safe dance practice. Only indoor dance shoes to be worn in the studio to protect the floor and for health and safety
- Students should not wear any jewellery that may pose a risk to themselves or others (stud earrings, and jewellery worn for religious or cultural reasons are acceptable)
- No food (or chewing gum) is allowed in the studio.
- Water is permitted in cap bottles.
- Please ensure that the all dance shoes are fitted correctly.
Public Liability Insurance
Northamptonshire School of Dance has public liability insurance and the certificate is displayed on the website. Any locum teacher who teaches classes will be either covered via this insurance or will have their own personal insurance.
Northamptonshire School of Dance has a non-smoking policy, and smoking is not permitted anywhere within the venues where lessons take place. This is due to the health hazards of smoking and passive smoking.
Drugs & Alcohol Policy
Northamptonshire School of Dance has a strict no drugs & alcohol policy. Any student, teacher or volunteer found using drugs or alcohol whilst attending classes or working at the school, will be presented with a verbal warning. Parents will be advised if the student is under the age of 18 years.
LOCATION OF FIRST AID BOX:
NORTHAMPTONSHIRE SCHOOL OF DANCE OFFICE
LOCATION OF ACCIDENT BOOK:
INSIDE FIRST AID BOX
Policy reviewed: 6 July 2020