GDPR stands for General Data Protection Regulation and replaces the previous Data Protection Act. New directives came into effect on 25th May 2018. GDPR states that personal data should be processed fairly and lawfully and collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and that individual’s data is not processed without their knowledge and are only processed with their explicit consent. GDPR cover personal data relating to individuals.
Northamptonshire School of Dance is committed to protecting the rights and freedoms of individuals with respect to the processing of children’s, parent’s, carer’s, visitors and staff personal data. The Data Protection Act gives individuals the right to know what information is held about them. It provides a framework to ensure that personal information is handled properly.
Why we use Students Data:
- To support students learning.
- To provide the appropriate pastoral care.
- To enter students for examinations.
- To enter students for festivals.
- To enable students to perform in shows and displays.
- To comply with the law regarding data sharing.
Categories of Students Information that we collect, hold and share include:
- Personal Information (such as name, date of birth, unique pupil number and contact details) This is mandatory information.
- Attendance information (such as session attended, absence and reason for absence).
- Exam results.
- Special education needs.
- Relevant medical information.
- Storing Student Information. Northamptonshire School of Dance keeps information about its pupils on a database and sometimes paper. We hold your records securely until you leave the school, at which time your information is destroyed.
- We do not share your data if you have advised us not to – however this could mean your child would not be able to be entered for an exam or performance.
Who do we share Student information with?
- Examination Boards and Festival entries.
- Local Authority / Council and their commissioned providers of authority services – show/performing licences.
Northamptonshire School of Dance may use photographs and videos of students in its publicity material, theatre programmes, website and social media, unless you have specifically advised that you do not give permission.
Northamptonshire School of Dance does not pass on any data to third parties for marketing purposes.
If you would like to discuss anything in this privacy notice, please don’t hesitate to contact Northamptonshire School of Dance.
Policy reviewed: 6 July 2020